Disability VAT Declaration Form

You got to this page because some where, some how, you got lost in the checkout pages of our website...and missed the VAT Declaration form.

You should only complete this declaration if…

  1. You or the person you are buying on behalf of are ‘chronically sick or disabled’ and the goods or services are for their own personal or domestic use.
  2. Or, you are a Registered Charity buying on behalf of an eligible disabled.

Follow the HMRC guide below.

A person is ‘chronically sick or disabled’ if he or she is a person:

  • with a physical or mental impairment which has a long term and substantial adverse effect upon his or her ability to carry out everyday activities.
  • with a condition which the medical profession treats as a chronic sickness.

It does not include an elderly person who is not disabled or chronically sick or any person who is only temporarily disabled or incapacitated, such as with a broken limb.

Please note: There are penalties for making false declarations!

So, if you are unsure

  1. You should consult VAT reliefs guidance for charities, disabled people
  2. Or, contact the National Advice Service on 0300 123 1073 before completing this declaration.
  3. You can also seek guidance from your GP or other medical professional

You may also enquire online here